Travel pass

No travel ticket required to visit spouses living abroad

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysians wishing to meet their spouse abroad will no longer be required to apply for travel authorization via MyTravelPass from tomorrow.

They are among the seven categories of people who can leave the country without prior authorization from the Immigration Department.

Immigration Director General Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud said people traveling abroad for reasons of emergency and serious illness also did not need to apply for permission in advance.

“For those who wish to meet their husband or wife abroad, the exemption is granted if their marriages are registered abroad,” he said.

People attending sports events and championships, seminars and meetings as well as those going on humanitarian missions abroad do not need to apply either.

The other categories are students admitted by foreign universities and the two persons accompanying them, students leaving to resume their studies and their two accompanying persons as well as candidates for examinations abroad and the two accompanying persons.

“Travelers should have all the necessary documents for their trip to show to immigration officials when they leave the country.”

Khairul Dzaimee said the exemption from having to apply through MyTravelPass remains for Malaysians and foreign diplomats.

On September 16, Senior Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein asked the ministry to review the categories of overseas departure requests that can be cleared directly, without having to go through MyTravelPass.

He said the directive was issued by the National Security Council following the meeting of the special pandemic management committee, following public comments and opinions on the MyTravelPass program.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.