In order to solve the world’s travel problems amid COVID-19, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) has introduced the IATA Travel Pass. It is a digital solution for travelers who need to show their vaccination, recovery and test results to authorities every time they travel. IATA Travel Pass is a mobile app that will help travelers check in and manage all kinds of verified COVID-19 certifications.
IATA in a press release said. “Inform passengers of the tests, vaccines and other measures they need before traveling, details of where they can be tested and give them the opportunity to share their tests and vaccination results in a verifiable, safe way.” and protecting privacy is the key to giving governments the confidence to open borders.
Additionally, the app will help government officials verify the authenticity of tests or vaccinations. It will also help airlines provide accurate information to their passengers on testing requirements and whether they meet travel requirements.
Passengers have spoken in our latest Global Passenger Survey and they want to:
✔️ To use biometric identification if it speeds up travel processes
✔️ Spend less time in line
For more details, access version ▶ ️ https://t.co/yZYUqZYqKd now
and watch 📹 for the highlights. pic.twitter.com/hW5GH0YLKb
– IATA (@IATA) November 15, 2021
This certificate will be recognized nationally and internationally and will provide travelers with precise information on the testing requirements.
The application includes the following modules:
1) Health Requirements Register: This will allow travelers to find information about travel, tests and vaccines required for their trip.
2) Register of screening and vaccination centers: To help passengers find screening and vaccination centers before / after arrival.
3) Laboratory application: it allows medical laboratories to issue test results or vaccination certificates to passengers.
4) Travel Pass application: a digital passport that will verify the vaccination test / certificate of passengers who meet the standards and share the result of the rest or the vaccination certificate with the authorities.