As borders tentatively open, countries from France to Israel and China have released health passes, vaccine passes and QR codes to allow fully vaccinated people to travel, eat out, shop and get back to a more normal life. With the recent reopening in Mumbai, the final vaccination certificate is mandatory to enter malls. The city has also just opened its local commuter train service beyond essential service workers and government employees to include people who have gone a fortnight since their last dose of the vaccine.
How to get an e-pass in Mumbai
The e-pass, called the Universal Travel Pass, is currently only available to fully vaccinated daily commuters and will only be available for download two weeks after the last dose.
Here’s everything you need to know to get the e-pass:
- Log in to the epass website here.
- Choose “Travel card for vaccinated citizens”
- Next, enter the mobile number used to register for vaccination on CoWin
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number
- Click on “Generate a Pass”
- Upload your photo and submit the form.
- A text message indicating the approval should reach you within 24 hours, after which you can download it to your phone.
Local trains in Mumbai have been suspended for regular travelers since April 2021, with the second wave of coronavirus. Fully vaccinated travelers can also present their final vaccination certificate and photo ID at stations for offline verification and issuance of the season pass.