Bombay: Recently, the government of Maharashtra announced that it will introduce a universal QR code-based pass to travel on local trains in Mumbai. The initiative will be implemented to essentially reduce the use of counterfeit banknotes while traveling among residents of Mumbai.Also Read – Anupamaa Maha Episode Spoilers: 5 HUGE Twists That Will Change History Forever
The government led by Uddhav Thackeray and the railways are working together on the five-tier strategy to travel using a QR code-based ID card, according to BMC. Also Read – Gold Price Today, October 03, 2021: Inches of Yellow Metal Approach Rs 46,000 / 10g | Consult the revised prices
Everything about the universal pass for Mumbaikars
What will the universal pass be used for? Well, through universal passes or QR code based passes, you will not only be able to travel on local trains, but also Mumbai metro and monorail. Basically, this travel pass will keep a check on people who have traveled with fake cards or no tickets on local trains over the years. Read also – Lalu Yadav is held hostage in Delhi, according to Tej Pratap Yadav
How to register for the universal transport ticket based on a QR code?
In order to sign up for the Universal Travel Pass or QR Code Based Travel Pass to travel by train in Mumbai amid Covid-related sidewalks, you can simply follow the following steps. For now, according to reports, only establishments can register for this pass on the website.
- Go to the website of the Disaster Management and Rehabilitation Department of the Maharashtra Relief Fund – msdmacov19.mahait.org.
- Now click on the Universal Travel Pass.
- After that, click on Save your establishment.
- Now, the establishment authority will need to enter information such as address, registration number, contact number of the coordinator, number of staff who need the pass, etc.
- The request will be reviewed manually by the authorities and after obtaining the approval, the coordinator will be able to log in and enter the individual staff details.
- Information such as name, identifier, mobile number, sex, age, department, designation must be entered.
- Once the information is available, the staff member will receive an SMS.
- The staff member can now log in using their mobile number.
- Download the photo.
- At the end, download the ticket.
Maharashtra’s Covid Unlocking Process
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray, along with officials, has developed a five-level unlocking process amid the Covid-19 pandemic. The government has reportedly set several degrees for the QR code-based pass.
Reports suggest that holders of a degree 5 card will be allowed to travel in any case, depending on the level of restriction imposed in Mumbai. For example, currently, Mumbai is subject to level 3 restrictions. Thus, the one with a Degree 3 pass will only be allowed to travel if the restrictions in force are at levels 1, 2 or 3. If you have a Degree 2 pass , you will be allowed to travel, if only the restriction level is 2 or 1.
In addition, the new QR code-based ticketing system will be verified at stations in the Mumbai Metropolitan Area (MMR) using a smartphone or QR code reader.
Please note that anyone found traveling without the genuine QR code will be fined Rs 500 on site, while those found traveling with fake ID will be turned over to the railway police.